Finish Your Educational Journey Here

Have you started your educational journey at a local community college? Are you looking to transition this journey to a four-year school? The New Dimensions program at Albertus Magnus is the place for you! With our easily accessible locations in East Hartford and New Haven, flexible class schedules, and dedicated staff, we are here to make the transition as smooth as possible for you.

Sonny Le, one of our current students in our New Dimensions Program at our East Hartford campus, shares his experience transitioning from a community college to Albertus Magnus College.

bree 3

What made you choose Albertus Magnus College/New Dimensions?

Sonny: Well, I currently work a full-time job and needed something that could fit into my busy schedule. The New Dimensions Program at Albertus Magnus College was highly recommended by my co-workers and I love the set-up of having class once a week, on one specific day, from 6 to 10 p.m.

What was your biggest concern about transferring?

Sonny: I had been out of school for a while! I knew I was rusty and was coming back to school to finish my degree as an older adult. I was nervous as to whether or not I could actually do it. Enrolling in the New Dimensions Program really alleviated my fears though, as I would soon find out that most of my classmates were in the same boat as me.

What stood out to you during the Admissions process?

Sonny: The admissions counselors were a tremendous help and were key to this process. As said above, I was nervous about coming back to school full-time and my admissions counselor was there every step of the way. They helped calm my nerves, and patiently walked me through the process of the New Dimensions Program, keeping in touch throughout the whole thing!

How could we have improved the transition for you?

Sonny: Honestly? Nothing. I know with working full-time, and having other commitments, that I was a little slower than I should have been with getting all my requirements completed. But, with all the support and guidance from my admissions counselor, we were able to get it completed on time, together.

What advice would you give to other students looking to transfer?

Sonny: Don’t be nervous! It’s a big step, but it is definitely worth it. I have been in class for about six months now and am 100% happy that I chose the New Dimensions Program at Albertus. The support there is tremendous, both in and out of the classroom and they believe in your success.

If you are interested in finding out more about our New Dimensions Program, click here to discover the program and register to an Open House!