Dive in this Summer

Hi! My name is Lindsey Wiber, head lifeguard at the Albertus Magnus College Cosgrove Marcus Messer Athletic Center in New Haven, Connecticut. I have been a lifeguard here for almost two years. You can find me here Monday through Friday mornings, and around the building in the afternoons and weekends teaching future generations Lifeguard or CPR courses. I love to talk to members and try to get to know the “regulars” by name. If I do not know your name, I apologize. Please introduce yourself!Pool 2

With the dog days of summer upon us, a nice refreshing dip in the pool is a great way to cool down and get some exercise as well. The Cosgrove Marcus Messer Athletic Center features a six lane, 25 yard pool that is open year round. Come and join the “regulars” who are here before the sun gets up, also a way to beat the heat and swim before work.Pool

With an open swim section in the middle of the pool, it’s a great place to bring the kids and spend a couple of hours diving for rings, racing and just having fun. For the pool schedule and summer hours click here.

Pool 3Our friendly front desk staff of Jim, Carol and Albertus Magnus College students are always here ready and willing to help answer any questions you may have, and to offer you a smile and a laugh. Of course, once you pass the front desk and enter the pool, you will be greeted by the superb aquatics staff. This month we have a diving team in the mornings, a water polo team and a swim team in the evenings, which always makes the pool a more lively and interesting place to be.

I look forward to seeing many new and returning faces to the pool this summer season! Memberships are available to the public as well as faculty, staff and students and their families. For additional information about membership packages click here or visit AlbertusFalcons.com.