Forever A Falcon

Before Graduating on May 18th 2014, we asked Patrick Dornfried to reflect on his Albertus experience and describe the memories that he’ll take with him in the next chapter of his life.

As graduation approaches and I ready myself for the next step in my life, I find it helpful to take a look at the last four years at Albertus and realize how truly blessed I was to be able to call Albertus my home. I will forever be grateful for the friends I made and for the professors and coaches that molded me into the person that I am today.

I came into Albertus as a freshman worried about opening up and meeting new people. However, from my first day at Orientation, it was like I had been a student there for years. I made some of my best friends that first day; friends that I call my best friends now four years later. It also helped that I was on the baseball team, so I had a mutual interest with all of those kids as well.

Team shot

The baseball team, coaches and mentors became like a second family to me. Four years of college baseball went by so fast; it’s hard to believe that my baseball career is already over. However, I wouldn’t have wanted to end my career anywhere else other than at Albertus with my coaches and teammates. I have so many fond memories of spring baseball trips down south. The memories from the bus ride and at the condo complex are memories that I will carry with me until the day I die. It would be impossible for me to have a single favorite memory about my four years on the baseball team because there are so many memories that come to mind when I attempt to think of one.

It’s surreal to think that in less than a week, I’ll be walking across the stage with a diploma in my hands. It may sound cliché but the saying that “time flies when you’re having fun” has never felt so true to me. The past four years have flown by so fast that it seems like a blur. I am eternally grateful to all of the professors, coaches, students, and teammates that made my past four years at Albertus the best of my life.

When August comes around and what would have been move in day comes, I know there will be a part of me that wishes I could go back. Albertus has been my home for the last four years. In my heart, it will find a home forever. Much love.

PatrickPatrick Dornfried
Hometown: Berlin, Connecticut.
Year: Senior
Position: Infield Field / Pitcher
Major: Accounting